Table of Contents
Definitions & Key Terms
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
- Country: where Growth Engineering Ltd. or the owners/founders of Growth Engineering Ltd. are based (in this case, the United Kingdom).
- Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Growth Engineering Ltd.’s products, solutions or services.
- Device: any internet-connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit Growth Engineering Ltd.’s website or services.
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet Protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Growth Engineering Ltd. or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal Data: Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information – including a personal identification number – allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Service: refers to the service provided by Growth Engineering Ltd. as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: Growth Engineering Ltd.’s site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://www.growthengineering.co.uk/.
- You: a person or entity that is registered with Growth Engineering Ltd. to access or view our website and utilise our Services.
Are my Details Safe with Growth Engineering?
Anything you share with Growth Engineering is between you and us. We will not give, sell, rent or lease any of your personally identifiable information to any other company whether you share this with us through an email or an online form. Although we use a third-party service to process this data, it remains under our control at all times.
We will only share the details you provide online with other members of the Growth Engineering team (Marketing and Sales, for example). We’ll only ever use these details to let you know about our services and share content we’ve created that we think you might like, unless we have your express permission to use the information for other purposes, or are required to disclose the information by law.
What will Growth Engineering do with my Data?
Since we provide a wide range of custom online applications, your data helps our sales team recommend the best solution for your needs.
If you’re not actively looking for solutions, our marketing team can use your data to make sure all our communications are relevant to you. Generally speaking, we will send an email to everyone in our mailing list every Wednesday (offering anything from a new white paper to a product demo), and a list of our most popular blog content at the end of each month.
If you sign up for a demo of one of our products, we’ll use your information to guide you along the process (for example, to send you login details or password reminders).
We refresh our mailing list every 12 months and your details will be removed from our system if there has been no activity in that period. At any time, you can opt-out from receiving such information from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at [email protected]
How can I find out what Growth Engineering Know about Me?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to access the personal information that we have registered about you. You have a right to request that the information is corrected or deleted if the information is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant. If you have any questions, issues or concerns regarding the way we use your data, please email us at [email protected].
I have a trial account on one of your solutions – Is my Data Safe?
Firstly, thanks – we hope you enjoy your trial experience.
You may have signed up for the trial using personal data, such as your name and your personal email address. This data is collected and processed to help ensure your trial experience is personalised to you and to ensure notifications are sent to the right email address. As with any data collected by Growth Engineering, we will never give, sell, rent or lease any of your personally identifiable information to a third party.
However, please note that any details you add to the trial environment may be accessible by other trial users. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal data, or information that may be accessible to other users.
Please note the following:
- Your name, email address and profile image will appear alongside your user profile, which may be accessible by other users.
- Any information posted on a social stream or within your user profile area may be accessible by other users.
- Growth Engineering reserve the right to use our trial environments when demonstrating our products to interested parties. As a result, any details that you have entered within the trial environment may be visible at this time.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you visit our service, register, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
- Name / Username
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses / Country
- Job Titles
- Company Employee Count
- Current Buying Stage
- Billing Addresses
- Debit/credit card numbers
How do we use the Information we Collect?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our service (we continually strive to improve our service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
When do we use Customer Information from Third-Parties?
We receive some information from third parties when you contact us. For example, when you submit your email address to us to show interest in becoming our customer, we receive information from a third party that provides automated fraud detection services.
We also occasionally collect information that is made publicly available on social media websites, you can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
Do we share the information we Collect with Third-Parties?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
We may also share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
We may engage trusted third-party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and our service, database storage and management, email management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through our website or platforms.
We will likely share your personal information, and possible some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the service in a shared location, and the type of device used to visit the service.
They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the service and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers.
We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
Where and When is Information Collected From Customers and End-Users?
We will collect personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties as described above.
How do we use Your Email Address?
By submitting your email address on this website, you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party.
We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do. By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targeting on sites like Facebook, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us.
Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates pertaining to your order. If, however, you have provided the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this Policy.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include clear unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Could my Information be Transferred to Other Countries?
We are incorporated in the United Kingdom. Information collected via our website, through direct interactions with you, or from the use of our help services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, and maybe viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
Is the Information Collected Through Our Service Secure?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information.
However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes, or fail to follow policies.
Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your personal information, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standards used to measure our compliance with that duty.
Can I Update or Correct my Information?
The rights you have to request updates or corrections to the information we collect depend on your relationship with us.
Personnel may update or correct their information as detailed in our internal company employment policies. Customers have the right to request the restriction of certain uses and disclosures of personally identifiable information as follows.
You can contact us in order to:
(1) update or correct your personally identifiable information,
(2) change your preferences with respect to communications and other information you receive from us, or
(3) delete the personally identifiable information maintained about you on our systems (subject to the following paragraph), by cancelling your account.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
Promptly after receiving your request, all personal information stored in databases we actively use, and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as and to the extent it is reasonably and technically practicable. If you are an end-user and wish to update, delete, or receive any information we have about you, you may do so by contacting the organization of which you are a customer.
If you are one of our workers or applicants, we collect information you voluntarily provide to us. We use the information collected for Human Resources purposes in order to administer benefits to workers and screen applicants.
You may contact us in order to:
(1) update or correct your information,
(2) change your preferences with respect to communications and other information you receive from us, or
(3) receive a record of the information we have relating to you.
Sale of Business
How Long do we keep your Information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide service to you and fulfil the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
How do we Protect your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use or a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers. financials, etc.) is never kept on file. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
The laws of United Kingdom, excluding its conflicts of law rules. shall govern this Agreement and your use of our service. Your use of our service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
Links to Other Websites
We use remarketing services.
What Is Remarketing? In digital marketing, remarketing (or retargeting) is the practice of serving ads across the internet to people who have already visited your website. It allows your company to seem like they’re “following” people around the internet by serving ads on the websites and platforms they use most.
In respect to any credit card or other payment processing details you have provided us, we commit that this confidential information will be stored in the most secure manner possible.
We collect information from kids under the age of 13 just to better our services. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data without your permission, please Contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services) or provide links to third-party websites or services (“Third- Party Services”).
You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any Third-Party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. We do not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Services.
Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
- Sessions: We use “sessions” to identify the areas of our website that you have visited. A Session is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser.
Information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What is GDPR?
GDPR is an EU-wide privacy and data protection law that regulates how EU residents’ data is protected by companies and enhances the control the EU residents have, over their personal data.
What is Personal Data?
Any data that relates to an identifiable or identified individual. GDPR covers a broad spectrum of information that could be used on its own, or in combination with other pieces of information, to identify a person.
Personal data extends beyond a person’s name or email address. Some examples include financial information, political opinions, genetic data, biometric data, IP addresses, physical address, sexual orientation, and ethnicity. The Data Protection Principles include requirements such as:
- Personal data collected must be processed in a fair, legal, and transparent way and should only be used in a way that a person would reasonably expect.
- Personal data should only be collected to fulfil a specific purpose and it should only be used for that purpose. Organizations must specify why they need the personal data when they collect it.
- Personal data should be held no longer than necessary to fulfil its purpose.
- People covered by the GDPR have the right to access their own personal data. They can also request a copy of their data, and that their data be updated, deleted, restricted, or moved to another organization.
Why is GDPR Important?
GDPR adds some new requirements regarding how companies should protect individuals’ personal data that they collect and process. It also raises the stakes for compliance by increasing enforcement and imposing greater fines for breach. Beyond these facts, it’s simply the right thing to do. At Growth Engineering Ltd. we strongly believe that your data privacy is very important and we already have solid security and privacy practices in place that go beyond the requirements of this new regulation.
Individual Data Subject’s Rights – Data Access, Portability and Deletion
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) requires us to disclose the categories of Personal Information we collect and how we use it, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above.
We are also required to communicate information about rights California residents have under California law. You may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the:
- (1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use, or share;
- (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or used by us;
- (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and
- (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete Personal Information about you that we have collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you require any more information, please contact us.
We do not sell the Personal Information of our users.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Via Email: [email protected]
- Via Phone: +44 (0) 208 103 9005
- Via this link: https://www.growthengineering.co.uk/contact/
- Via this Address: 3rd Floor 86-90 Paul Street London, EC2A 4NE